The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills, knowledge and experience to competently assess surf lifesaving awards and nationally recognised qualifications.
The following nationally recognised units of competency are issued upon completion of this award:
· TAEASS401B Plan assessment activities and processes
· TAEASS402B Assess competence
· TAEASS403B Participate in assessment validation
Candidates must meet ALL of the following conditions prior to being assessed:
· Be at least 18 years of age on the date of final assessment.
· Hold the SLSA award that will be assessed
The SNB Branch prefers that Assessors are first endorsed as Training Officers in the award they wish to assess.
Note: Before you can assess an award, you must be endorsed as an assessor in that award by your state. Go here for more detailed information about becoming a Surf Lifesaving Assessor.