Silver Medallion Aquatic Rescue
The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to participate in search and rescue operations.
The following nationally recognised units of competency are issued upon completion of this award:
- PUAOHS002B Maintain safety at an incident scene
- PUASAR011C Search as a member of an aquatic search team
These units form part of the PUA31312 Certificate III in Public Safety (Aquatic Search and Rescue).
Candidates must meet ALL of the following conditions:
• be at least 16 years of age on the date of final assessment
• complete a 400 m swim in 8 minutes or less in a swimming pool of no less than 25 m length
• hold and be proficient in the SLSA Bronze Medallion and hold the Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Search and Rescue)
Detailed information on the Silver Medallion Aquatic Rescue can be found here