The Surf Sports Intensive Camps will again be a big feature of the 2019/20 surf sports calendar with two camps scheduled for 2019 and a third at the start of 2020. The camp is designed to improve the competition skills of all nippers whilst providing a fun couple of days. Nippers get expert coaching, are fed, watered and put through their paces from 9am – 3pm over two days.
Camp 1 will take place at North Curl Curl on Thursday 10th and Friday 11th October to kick of the season.
Click here for registration form or Contact Mechelle email@example.com
Camp two as always will be at Freshwater on Thursday 19th and Friday 20th December.
Team App will be used throughout the upcoming Surf Sports Season as a platform to communicateimportant news, information & event updates to competitors, officials, team managers, coaches, representative teams and all club surf sports contacts.
For information on how to join & use
Team App click here. Once in Team App search for our SLSSNB Surf Sports team, or find us online at https://slssnbsurfsports.teamapp.com/ . Request access to the groups that match your interest as follows -
• Competitors – Juniors (Nippers)
• Competitors – Masters
• Competitors – Youth & Opens
• Development Squad
• Nipper Parents
• Surf Sports Contacts
• Team Managers
Surf Sports Manual Update
SLSA have released an update to the Surf Sports Manual as per following –
Amongst the updates are some major changes around competitor eligibility criteria, which will have an impact on competition participation. Specifically these are as follows
- U13 competitors no longer require SRC to compete in “designated U14 Team events”
- U13 competitors can no longer participate in any U15 events
- U14 competitors can no longer participate in U15 individual events, but can “compete in designated U15 team events”
- U17 competitors are eligible to compete in only two team event ages in each event discipline e.g. U17 & U19 or U17 & Open
- U19 competitors are eligible to compete in only two team event ages in each event discipline e.g. U19 & U23 or U19 & Open
For additional surf sports news and information, visit the SLSNSW Surf Sports Weekly News page, Click Here